Waterside Construction Ltd are committed to protecting your personal information and we take our responsibilities under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other relevant data protection laws very seriously.
As a registered data controller, we have a responsibility to make sure you know why and how your personal information is being collected in accordance with relevant data protection law.
We collect, hold and process information, including personal information which we need to help us deliver services.
We will make sure that any personal information collected and used is done so in line with data protection principles. Your personal information will be:
- Processed fairly and lawfully
- Only used for specific purposes
- Adequate, relevant and not excessive
- Accurate and up to date
- Kept for an appropriate amount of time
- Protected using appropriate security safeguards.
How do we collect your information?
We will collect your information using the following ways:
- When you use our website
- When you register via our online website
- When you place an order with us
- When you subscribe to our newsletter
- When you respond to a survey or marketing communication
- When you use our online live chat service
What types of personal information do we collect and why?
- Name, address, phone number, email addresses and other personal contact
information for the purposes of delivering our services and providing customer services.
- IP Addresses and Page Visits for the purpose of administering and maintaining our website and to allow us to deliver personalised content and product offerings.
- Transactional data (including credit or debit card information, email addresses, for the purpose of taking payments for services.
What is our legal basis for processing information about you?
- Explicit Consent – Clients provide explicit consent to be contacted by our services
and receive further information.
- Performance of a contract - Clients will sign a contract for us to deliver services to them.
- Legitimate Interests – Clients may be contacted about relevant offers and services that they have expressed interest in.
Who is my personal information shared with?
At Waterside Construction Ltd we want to make sure you know where your data is going and who it is going to. We do not share or sell your information to any third parties unless there is a legal obligation to do so.
What safeguards do you have in place to protect my personal information?
Waterside Construction Ltd will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to
prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. We will store all the
personal information you provide on our secure servers. All information you supply is
How long is my personal information being kept for?
We will only hold your personal information for a permitted amount of time either instructed
by yourself, by law or best practice.
- We will hold prospect client information for 6 months. If we have no contact with that
client we will delete their data
- We will hold client’s information, of those who are using or have used our services for
7 years and then we will delete their data.
What rights do I have around my personal information?
We have a duty to inform you of not only why your personal information is being processed
but what rights you have around your personal information too.
You have the right to:
- Be informed of how your personal information is being used
- Have access to information held about you, this is commonly known as a Subject
Access Request (SAR)
- Have your personal information deleted in certain circumstances
- Have inaccuracies within your personal information corrected
- Restrict processing of your personal information until inaccuracies are corrected or if
there is a dispute around the processing the personal information
- Object to processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
• Have your personal data transferred to another provider
- Be informed of where automated decision making (ADM) takes place and be given
an option to opt out of ADM
- Lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office if you are concerned
about how your personal information is being used or managed. You can call them
on 0303 12 1113 or use their online contact form here.
Do you share my personal information with anyone outside of the EU?
We do not transfer any personal information outside of the European Economic Area (EEA).
If we do need to transfer personal information outside of the EEA we will do this based on
your explicit consent and ensure the compliance with the relevant countries data protection
allowed and delete cookies at any time by adjusting settings on your web browser. To find
What do I do if I have further questions?
your personal information, please contact the Data Protection Officer.